Follow us on social media
Death Bells Take a Roadtrip through a Shadow Dimension in their Video for the American Dance Ghosts Remix of “Lifespring”
Follow us on social media
Ahead of the release of their highly anticipated third full-length album, Between Here & Everywhere, next month, Australian post-punk ex-pats Death Bells have shared the video for the remix by American Dance Ghosts of the album’s standout single “Lifespring”.
Lyrically, the song is key to the album’s themes of exploring Southern California tenebrous interzones, with sombre and bleak minimalist poetry. ADG has taken these core elements of the track and manifested them into a brooding and surreal electronic dreamscape that augments the original narrative describing the shadow that lies beneath the shimmering veneer of the city of angels.
The visuals for the new version of the song compliment the remix perfectly, feeling like a Lynchian road trip through a twilight dimension.
Watch the video for the American Dance Ghosts remix of “Lifespring”, below:
Formed in 2015 in Sydney, Australia, Death Bells released their sophomore full-length (and Dais Records debut) New Signs of Life in September of 2020. In direct response to the pandemic, Death Bells secluded themselves at Bombay Beach to record and release five live recordings of songs from New Signs of Life in April of 2021— which resulted in Live from Bombay.
The LP features nine new songs, that are complemented by an experienced cast of contributors on keys, strings, piano, and operatic backup vocals. The record was recorded with Colin Knight at Paradise Studios and mixed by Mike Kriebel at Golden Beat.
Between Here & Everywhere is set for release on July 29th via Dais Records,
Pre-order the album here and catch Death Bells on tour this summer!
Death Bells, on tour:
- July 30 Oakland, CA @ Starline Social Club
- August 1 Portland, OR @ Mississippi Studios
- August 2 Vancouver, BC @ Fox Cabaret
- August 3 Seattle, WA @ Timbre Room
- August 5 Boise, ID @ Neurolux
- August 6 Salt Lake City, UT @ Kilby Court
- August 7 Denver, CO @ Hi-Dive
- August 9 Chicago, IL @ Subterranean
- August 10 Cleveland, OH @ Now That’s Class
- August 11 Toronto, ON @ The Baby G
- August 12 Montreal, QC @ Bar Le Ritz
- August 13 Boston, MA @ O’Brien’s
- August 16 Brooklyn, NY @ St. Vitus
- August 17 Philadelphia, PA @ Philamoca
- August 18 Washington, DC @ DC9
- August 19 Richmond, VA @ Richmond Music Hall
- August 20 Asheville, NC @ Static Age
- August 21 Atlanta, GA @ The Masquerade
- August 23 New Orleans, LA @ Santos
- August 24 Houston, TX @ White Oak Music Hall
- August 25 San Antonio, TX @ Paper Tiger
- August 26 Austin, TX @ Mohawk
- August 27 Dallas, TX @ Cheap Steaks
- August 29 Phoenix, AZ @ The Beast
- August 30 San Diego, CA @ The Casbah
- August 31 Los Angeles, CA @ Zebulon
The post Death Bells Take a Roadtrip through a Shadow Dimension in their Video for the American Dance Ghosts Remix of “Lifespring” appeared first on Post-Punk.com.