Follow us on social media
Darkwave Artist Carrellee Debuts Noir-Esque Video for “Stay”
Follow us on social media
Wisconsin songwriter Carrellee announces the release of her dark synthpop ballad, “Stay,” off of her recent album Scale of Dreams (Negative Gain Productions). The song premieres on the kick off date for her current tour supporting the album, which includes Florida dates with Vision Video, and the Verboden Festival in Vancouver.
Carrellee’s emotive voice is the heart and soul of an atmospheric track that is “steeped in the organic and the mystic.” The emotions are very raw: the song took shape during her divorce from her longtime creative and personal partner. It’s a breakup song for the ages, mourning the loss of broken promises, hope, and dreams. It has shades of The Motels’ mournful “Only The Lonely” but sweetened with the personal confrontation energy of Sinéad O’Connor. It’s earnest and direct songwriting.
The Lynchian video clip, directed by Jason P Schumacher, shows Carrellee onstage; a time-bending chanteuse channeling out her grief and sorrow to a darkened club. She opens the song at a piano, then dreamily wanders onto the stage, and into a phone booth, belting out her heart to a dancing couple. The video was filmed at the glorious Volstead’s Emporium, an underground speakeasy in Minneapolis.
Watch the video below:
Scale Of Dreams is the noir, synth-pop debut from Negative Gain artists, Carrellee. With co-producer Brett Bullion (Low, Poliça), Carrellee overlays delicately, sensual vocals over a wall of scorched synths and processed tapes.
Carrellee will be touring throughout the southern US this month, making an appearance with Vision Video in Florida, and then embarking on a West Coast leg, including Verboden Festival in Vancouver. Tour dates are below:
- 2/23 Indianapolis, IN @State Street Pub
- 2/24 Louisville, KY @Art Sanctuary
- 2/25 Lexington, KY @ The Green Lantern
- 2/26 Johnson City, TN @ The HideAway
- 2/27 Savannah, GA @Lodge of Sorrows
- 3/1 Gainesville, GA @ Portal 4
- 3/2 Orlando, FL @ Will’s Pub w/ Vision Video
- 3/3 St. Augustine, FL @ Sarbez!
- 3/4 Tampa, FL @ New World Music Hall w/ Vision Video
- 3/5 Jacksonville, FL @ 1904 Music Hall
- 3/8 Tallahassee, FL @ The Bark
- 3/9 Mobile, AL @ Alabama Music Box
- 3/10 Atlanta, GA @ Sweetwater
- 3/11 Huntsville, AL @ Gold Sprint w/ Snooper
- 3/12 Chattanooga, TN @ Exit Off Main Street
- 3/13 Nashville, TN @ The East Room
- 4/1 Madison, WI @ Mickeys Tavern w/ Scott Yoder
- 4/22 Madison, WI @ Crystal Corner
- 4/27 Tulsa, OK @ Sound Pony
- 4/28 Norman, OK @ Opolis
- 4/29 Wichita, OK @ Private Party
- 4/30 Colorado Springs, CO @ Fritzys
- 5/3 Albuquerque, NM @ El Rey Mezzanine
- 5/4 Tucson, NM @ Groundworks
- 5/5 San Diego, NM @ The Comet
- 5/6 Los Angeles, CA @ Luna Negra Goth Nights
- 5/7 Oakland, CA @ The Golden Bull
- 5/9 Eugene, OR @ Old Nick’s Pub
- 5/10 Olympia, OR @ Le Voyeur
- 5/11 Seattle, OR @ The Cherry Pit w/ Scott Yoder
- 5/14 Vancouver, Canada @ Verboden Festival
- 5/18 Portland, OR @ Coffin Club
- 5/20 Boise, ID @ Boise Hive
- 5/23 Salt Lake City, ID @ Kilby Court
- 5/24 Fort Collins, CO @ Lyric Cinema
- 5/25 Denver, CO @ The Crypt
- 5/26 Kansas City, MO @ recordBar
- 5/27 Omaha, NE @ The Sydney
- 5/28 Ames, IA @ The London. Underground
The post Darkwave Artist Carrellee Debuts Noir-Esque Video for “Stay” appeared first on Post-Punk.com.