Follow us on social media
Rob Halford, Nikki Sixx, and John 5 Featured on the Same Track for Dolly Parton’s Rock Album
Follow us on social media
Earlier this year, we learned separately that Nikki Sixx and John 5 were going to be featured in the upcoming rock album from the indomitable Dolly Parton. She’s been working with various figures in rock for a while now, ever since she was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in what will end up being her first stab at the rock genre in her nearly 60 years as a musician.
Well, it turns out that as far as metal artists go, all three of the men she called upon to contribute will be on the same track, as Judas Priest frontman Rob Halford will also be featured alongside Sixx and John 5 in the song “Bygones.”
Halford was particularly excited about Dolly Parton’s induction to the Hall of Fame last year, since it was the same time he and his fellow Judas Priest bandmates were also inducted. He even got to shimmy his way up next to her to share a mic during one of the evening’s performances.
Parton announced she was putting together a rock album following her induction to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame late last year. Leading up to her induction, the country star said she wasn’t sure she should even be considered for the honor, since she felt actual rock artists and groups were more deserving. She only accepted the award after the Hall refused to remove her from the ballot.
Yet during an appearance on The View, she said her time rubbing elbows with rock stars made her decide to record a rock album. Along with Halford, Sixx, and John 5, Dolly managed to get major artists like Stevie Nicks, Peter Frampton, Elton John, and the two remaining Beatles, John McCartney and Ringo Starr to guest on her album.
See the full track listing for Rockstar below:
- “Rockstar” (special guest Richie Sambora)
- “World on Fire”
- “Every Breath You Take” (feat. Sting)
- “Open Arms” (feat. Steve Perry)
- “Magic Man” (feat. Ann Wilson with special guest Howard Leese)
- “Long As I Can See the Light’ (feat. John Fogerty)
- “Either Or” (feat. Kid Rock)
- “I Want You Back” (feat. Steven Tyler with special guest Warren Haynes)
- “What Has Rock and Roll Ever Done for You” (feat. Stevie Nicks with special guest Waddy Wachtel)
- “Purple Rain”
- “Baby, I Love Your Way” (feat. Peter Frampton)
- “I Hate Myself for Loving You” (feat. Joan Jett & The Blackhearts)
- “Night Moves” (feat. Chris Stapleton)
- “Wrecking Ball” (feat. Miley Cyrus)
- “(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction” (feat. P!nk & Brandi Carlile)
- “Keep on Loving You” (feat. Kevin Cronin)
- “Heart of Glass” (feat. Debbie Harry)
- “Don’t Let the Sun Go Down on Me” (feat. Elton John)
- “Tried to Rock and Roll Me” (feat. Melissa Etheridge)
- “Stairway to Heaven” (feat. Lizzo & Sasha Flute)
- “We Are the Champions”
- “Bygones” (feat. Rob Halford with special guests Nikki Sixx & John 5)
- My Blue Tears (feat. Simon Le Bon)
- “What’s Up?” (feat. Linda Perry)
- “You’re No Good” (feat. Emmylou Harris & Sheryl Crow)
- “Heartbreaker” (feat. Pat Benatar & Neil Giraldo)
- “Bittersweet” (feat. Michael McDonald)
- “I Dreamed About Elvis” (feat. Ronnie McDowell with special guest The Jordanaires)
- “Let It Be” (feat. Paul McCartney & Ringo Starr with special guests Peter Frampton & Mick Fleetwood)
- “Free Bird” (feat. Ronnie Van Zant with special guests Gary Rossington, Artimus Pyle and The Artimus Pyle Band)
The post Rob Halford, Nikki Sixx, and John 5 Featured on the Same Track for Dolly Parton’s Rock Album appeared first on MetalSucks.