Old school death metal aficionados, rejoice! Dismember are dropping a massive box-set featuring… well, almost everything from their career.
Their Historia Mortis box set, out via Nuclear Blast, includes:
- All studio albums mastered by Patrick W. Engel
- The 1991 master of Like An Ever Flowing Stream on vinyl for the first time ever
- The Pieces and Misanthropic EPs
- The Complete Demos 1988-1990 compilation
- A rareties compilation titled Historia Mortis
- Exclusive artwork by Daniele Valeriani
- A 36-page book with rare or unseen photos
- A commented discography, posters, flyers, and more historical content
In a recent Bandcamp interview, Dismember also claimed to be working on new material:
“We’re talking about making new music,” says drummer Fred Estby. “The question is when. As of right now, because of the pandemic and all that, this year was only honoring all the shows that were booked in 2019 and 2020.
“So, we got those done, and of course, the way metal festivals, especially in Europe, work now is as soon as they’re done, they’re already selling tickets for next year’s edition. So we have a couple coming up, which is gonna be really fun. But we’re also thinking about recording more.”
This is still pretty vague, but if a new album announcement comes from the band in addition to the box set this year, fans will undoubtedly be stoked.