Follow us on social media
Australian Post-Punk Expats Death Bells Debut Video for “Hysteria” and Announce North American Tour
Follow us on social media
Australian post-punk ex-pats Death Bells are gearing up for the release of their highly anticipated third full-length album, Between Here & Everywhere, due out on July 29th via Dais Records.
The album captures the cross-section of Southern California’s shadowy hidden interzones, outside of the lights and luxury. Today the band premieres a new performance video for their lush, earnest, and jangly reverie of a single “Hysteria”, and along with it have announced a month-long North American tour in July and August.
“’Hysteria’ was one of the last songs we wrote as we were putting together the new album,” the band comments. “It was one of those moments where the tune just figured itself out. It feels urgent, immediate, and honest, and we’re very proud of it.”
The video, directed by Travis Waddell and produced by Oblique TV, is a beautiful glimpse at the band’s camaraderie and interplay during a set.
Watch the video for “Hysteria” below:
Formed in 2015 in Sydney, Australia, Death Bells released their sophomore full-length (and Dais Records debut) New Signs of Life in September of 2020. In direct response to the pandemic, Death Bells secluded themselves at Bombay Beach to record and release five live recordings of songs from New Signs of Life in April of 2021— which resulted in Live from Bombay.
The LP features nine new songs, as well as accompaniment by an experienced cast of contributors on keys, strings, piano, and operatic backup vocals. It was recorded with Colin Knight at Paradise Studios, and mixed by Mike Kriebel at Golden Beat.
Pre-order Between Here & Everywhere here and catch Death Bells at a city near you this summer!
Death Bells Tour Schedule
- July 30 Oakland, CA @ Starline Social Club
- August 1 Portland, OR @ Mississippi Studios
- August 2 Vancouver, BC @ Fox Cabaret
- August 3 Seattle, WA @ Timbre Room
- August 5 Boise, ID @ Neurolux
- August 6 Salt Lake City, UT @ Kilby Court
- August 7 Denver, CO @ Hi-Dive
- August 9 Chicago, IL @ Subterranean
- August 10 Cleveland, OH @ Now That’s Class
- August 11 Toronto, ON @ The Baby G
- August 12 Montreal, QC @ Bar Le Ritz
- August 13 Boston, MA @ O’Brien’s
- August 16 Brooklyn, NY @ St. Vitus
- August 17 Philadelphia, PA @ Philamoca
- August 18 Washington, DC @ DC9
- August 19 Richmond, VA @ Richmond Music Hall
- August 20 Asheville, NC @ Static Age
- August 21 Atlanta, GA @ The Masquerade
- August 23 New Orleans, LA @ Santos
- August 24 Houston, TX @ White Oak Music Hall
- August 25 San Antonio, TX @ Paper Tiger
- August 26 Austin, TX @ Mohawk
- August 27 Dallas, TX @ Cheap Steaks
- August 29 Phoenix, AZ @ The Beast
- August 30 San Diego, CA @ The Casbah
- August 31 Los Angeles, CA @ Zebulon
Follow Death Bells:
The post Australian Post-Punk Expats Death Bells Debut Video for “Hysteria” and Announce North American Tour appeared first on Post-Punk.com.