As far as careers in heavy metal go, Zakk Wylde has had a pretty fucking long and storied one. And now, in an interview with Metal Hammer, the Ozzy guitarist has listed the 10 songs that defined his career.
According to Zakk, here are the songs that made him the man he is today:
- Ozzy Osbourne, “Miracle Man” – “That’s the first song I wrote with Oz…”
- Ozzy Osbourne, “Mama, I’m Comin’ Home” – “He got some great vocal melodies on that album.”
- Pride & Glory, “Losin’ Your Mind” – “Something like the banjo intro to a song like Losin’ Your Mind would never really fit into how an Ozzy record should look or sound…”
- Zakk Wylde, “Between Heaven and Hell” – “I’d spend all night drinking then go back to my hotel room inspired and that’s how Book Of Shadows came about.”
- Black Label Society, “A Spoke In The Wheel” – “The first Black Label Society song I ever wrote…”
- Black Label Society, “Stillborn” – “That’s how I’ve always approached the Black Label stuff – how much can you do with as little as possible?”
- Black Label Society, “In This River” – “I’d written it before Dime had even passed away…”
- Generation Axe – “Probably the most important collab I’ve ever done…”
- Zakk Sabbath, “Black Sabbath” – “Re-recording that whole album just reiterated to me that Black Sabbath are the Beatles of heavy metal.”
- Black Label Society, “Farewell Ballad” – “For the first time, I’d recorded all my parts before the guys even arrived…”
If you’re Zakk fan, definitely read the full interview, as it provides some awesome insight into the dude’s career.
Meanwhile, get tickets to see Zakk with Black Label Society on one of their upcoming dates with Anthrax:
7/26 The Van Buren, Phoenix, AZ [tickets]7/28 Brooklyn Bowl, Las Vegas, NV [tickets]7/29 The Palladium, Los Angeles, CA [tickets]7/30 Heart Health Park, Sacramento, CA^ [tickets]8/1 Fillmore Auditorium, Denver, CO^ [tickets]8/2 Midland Theater, Kansas City, MO^ [tickets]8/4 Hard Rock Live Northern Indiana, Gary, IN [tickets]8/5 OshKosh Arena, Oshkosh, WI^ [tickets]8/6 The Fillmore, Minneapolis, MN [tickets]8/8 South Side Ballroom, Dallas, TX** [tickets]8/9 Stubb’s Waller Creek Amphitheater, Austin, TX [tickets]8/11 The Tabernacle, Atlanta, GA [tickets]8/12 House of Blues, Orlando, FL [tickets]8/13 The Fillmore, Charlotte, NC [tickets]8/15 The Andrew J Brady Music Center, Cincinnati, OH [tickets]8/16 Ryman Auditorium, Nashville, TN [tickets]8/18 The Fillmore, Silver Spring, MD [tickets]8/19 Main Street Armory, Rochester, NY^ [tickets]8/20 The Fillmore, Detroit, MI** [tickets]8/22 StageAE Outside, Pittsburgh, PA [tickets]8/23 History, Toronto, ON CANADA [tickets]
8/24 Amphitheatre Cogeco, Trois-Rivieres/Montreal, QC [tickets]8/26 Coney Island Amphitheater, Brooklyn, NY [tickets]8/28 The Fillmore, Philadelphia, PA** [tickets]
^ Not a Live Nation date.
The post Zakk Wylde Names the 10 Songs That Defined His Career appeared first on MetalSucks.