“Withered bE this rope that smothers any hope and banG .. it’s been 40 Years .. ! .. all doGeared by memories formed through memory folds …these fevered dreams so far been told.
When nothing is true?
So here’s to our best shows still yet ahead!
We are hitting the road with good friends and very special guest Lead Into Gold to celebrate our time together and complete our FINAL TOUR on this, our 40th anniversary.
We’re excited to share this last ‘fever dream’ with yoU all.
To our west coast fans, don’t worry! We’ll see you soon!
What a ride …… what a triP”
Formed in Vancouver in 1982 as a side-project by cEvin Key (Kevin Crompton) while he was in the new wave band Images in Vogue, Skinny Puppy evolved into a full-time band with the addition of vocalist Nivek Ogre (Kevin Ogilvie). The group would go on to release 12 studio albums and two EPS, and famously featured Bill Leeb of FrontLine Assembly in one of their early lineups, who was then replaced by Dwayne Goettel of Canadian Synth Pop act Psyche during the band’s peak during the mid-80s and early 90s.
Produced by Live Nation, the final tour of the Canadian industrial legends begins in Texas on April 6th at San Antonio’s Aztec Theater. They’ll also make stops in Atlanta, New York, Philadelphia, Boston, Cleveland, Denver, and more before wrapping up in Seattle at Neptune on May 9th.
The band have enlisted their friend Paul Barker’s (bassist of Ministry) solo project, LEAD INTO GOLD, to join them on the tour. LEAD INTO GOLD will be releasing a third album via Toronto-based Artoffact Records on April 21, 2023.
On the upcoming tour, Barker comments, “I’ve always loved Skinny Puppy and their unique shows, so I’m thrilled to be a part of this tour! Plus it’s always fun to tour with friends!”
Tickets go on sale starting Friday, February 10th, at 10 am local here.
The Skinny Puppy website and social media will have more info as it comes out. They will have a very limited VIP package at each market, which will have more information in the next forthcoming days.
SKINNY PUPPY: FINAL TOUR 2023 TOUR DATES:
- Thu Apr 06 – San Antonio, TX – Aztec Theater
- Fri Apr 07 – Houston, TX – House of Blues
- Sat Apr 08 – New Orleans, LA – House of Blues
- Mon Apr 10 – Ft. Lauderdale, FL – Revolution
- Tue Apr 11 – St. Petersburg, FL – Jannus Live
- Thu Apr 13 – Atlanta, GA – The Buckhead Theatre
- Fri Apr 14 – Charlotte, NC – The Fillmore Charlotte
- Sat Apr 15 – Asheville, NC – The Orange Peel
Mon Apr 17 – Pittsburgh, PA – The Roxian
- Tue Apr 18 – Philadelphia, PA – Theatre of the Living Arts
- Wed Apr 19 – Silver Spring, MD – The Fillmore Silver Spring
- Fri Apr 21 – New York, NY – Irving Plaza
- Sun Apr 23 – Boston, MA – House of Blues
- Tue Apr 25 – Montreal, QC – The Corona Theater
- Wed Apr 26 – Toronto, ON – History
- Fri Apr 28 – Cincinnati, OH – Bogarts
- Sat Apr 29 – Cleveland, OH – House of Blues
- Mon May 01 – Minneapolis, MN – The Fillmore
- Tue May 02 – Lawrence, KS – Liberty Hall
- Wed May 03 – Denver, CO – Summit
- Thu May 04 – Salt Lake City, UT – The Depot
- Sat May 06 – Garden City, ID – Revolution Concert House and Event Center
- Mon May 08 – Portland, OR – Crystal Ballroom
- Tue May 09 – Seattle, WA – Neptune
Follow Skinny Puppy for more news:
The post Skinny Puppy Announce Final North American Tour in Celebration of 40th Anniversary appeared first on Post-Punk.com.