British post-punkers High Vis pen political lyrics that tackle the challenges of everyday life. Straddling aggression with art, frontman Graham Sayle’s authentic punk sentiments are rooted in poverty, working-class identity in British society, and pure trauma. Their anthemic songs address the downtrodden, discarded communities across the UK, with a core Madchester sound blended with the raw intensity of Fugazi and Killing Joke. “Trauma Bonds” hits the sweet spot of hardcore sentiments with softer edges; their poetry is a phoenix soaring out of the ashes of tragedy.
High Vis has released a moving new video for the single “Trauma Bonds,” off their second LP Blending (Dais Records). For Trauma Bonds, Sayle refocuses his unrelenting social consciousness through the lens of his own emotional landscape; creating a track that feels more universal…and hopeful for change. The cinema verité-style video, filmed and directed by Jonah West over the course of a year, is an emotionally charged portrait of Jamz and Sean: two people negotiating the world whilst living in the shadow of trauma.
“The video is dedicated to everyone carrying the weight of grief for those taken too soon, and those struggling with their own existence,” says Sayles. “When you’re going through hell, keep going.”
Watch the video for ‘Trauma Bonds” below:
After years of anticipation, High Vis are finally set to tour North America for the first time ever, just after their sold-out EU / UK run. The tour kicks off April 1st at Saint Vitus in Brooklyn and continues through Canada, Chicago, Nashville, Boston, Philadelphia, and more. Tickets go on sale this Friday, January 20 at 10AM Local Here.
His Vis’ Blending is out now.
High Vis Live Dates:
- Feb 10: London, UK – Moth Club (SOLD OUT)
- Feb 11: Manchester, UK – YES (SOLD OUT)
- Feb 12: Sheffield, UK – Yellow Arch Studios (SOLD OUT)
- Feb 13: Bristol, UK – Strange Brews (SOLD OUT)
- Feb 14: Bruges, BE – Cactus Club (SOLD OUT)
- Feb 15: Rotterdam, NL – Rotown (SOLD OUT)
- Feb 16: Hamburg, DE – Headcrash (SOLD OUT)
- Feb 17: Berlin, DE – Lido (SOLD OUT)
- Feb 19: Paris, FR – Point Ephemere (SOLD OUT)
- Apr 01: Brooklyn, NY – Saint Vitus
- Apr 02: Boston, MA – Hardcore Stadium
- Apr 03: Montreal, QC – L’esco
- Apr 04: Toronto, ON – Velvet Underground
- Apr 06: Chicago, IL – Cobra Lounge
- Apr 07: Pittsburgh, PA – Funhouse
- Apr 08: Richmond, VA – Canal Club
- Apr 09: Carrboro, NC – Cat’s Cradle
- Apr 10: Atlanta, GA – Earl
- Apr 11: Nashville, TN – DRKMTTR
- Apr 13: Washington, DC – DC9
- Apr 15: Philadelphia, PA – Foto Club
- May 28: Bristol, UK – Dot to Dot Festival
- May 29: Nottingham, UK – Dot to Dot Festival
- Jun 23-25: Manchester, UK – Outbreak Fest
- Aug 08-12: Oslo, NO – Oya Festival
Follow High Vis: