Interview Sumerechny Sad |Twilight Garden
1. When and why did you become a musician? When I was six I went to musical school to learn how to play piano, since then I cannot stop playing.
2.When and why did you become a musician? I think all people are special.
3. Who and what inspired you? I have a intimate attitude towards the state of inspiration. I compare it with the state of feeling in love, and I try to always keep it in my heart. I’m inspired by myths, spiritualism, ritual practices. Speaking about musical bands, I’m inspired by The Cure, Joy Division,The Swans, Der Golem, but this ways of inspiration are in the past for me now. Still, I’m listening to music, but not so much as I did before.
4. Who are your most important role models and why? I think I have already answered to this in the point number 3.
5. How do you imagine listening to your music? Where do you like to listen?? I don’t listen to music of The Sumerchny Sad, maybe only in the technical cases. For you I would recommend to listen to it alone in a park, for example.
6. What role do social media play in your career? How important is YouTube or
Instagram for you? You cannot imagine development of a modern muscian without social media. Today we have active medias on VK (Russian Facebook), Instagram and plan to make a channel on YouTube.
7. Do you actually do anything besides the Music? Yes, I do work, always in different spheres. I also organize parties.
8. What has been the best performance you’ve seen so far? The best perfomance ever that I will keep in my heart is the gig of The Cure in Moscow in 2012.
9.Who should play you when your life is filmed? The girl, who played Wednesday in the Addams Family.
10.Last question: What do you want for the next 10 years, what do you need
for it? I want The Sumerechny Sad Band to grow and develop, to record a few albums, tour a few tours around Russia and Europe, it would be nice if we could let ourselves do only music and earn money on it. What we need for that? Good managment.
All Pictures from the Band