10 Fragen / 10 Antworten
1. When and why did you become a musician
– I loved music as far back as I can remember. Listening through a huge number of albums and bands of various genres, I started to feel that listening to the records and following the works of other people was not enough for me. In course of time it came to me that I also could find something to say. That’s how it all began. And that was about 30 years ago already.
2. What are your characteristics? What makes you special?
– Nothing special, just the same as others. And each of us is a small undiscovered universe, and each life story is unique in its own way. So that makes me special.
3. Who and what inspired you??
– Inspirations come from our lives, as we experience so many things, analyzing present and past, and even foreseeing things to come. We also get influenced by our memories remembering good and bad times and people who were by our side.
5. How do you imagine listening to your music? Where do you like to listen?
How do you imagine listening to your music? Where do you like to listen?
– It’s always so good to listen to your music in the dead of night, in that in-between state where reality fades to reverie. And then on the edge of a dream, new songs are ready to be born, as it’s happened many times before.
4. Who are your most important role models and why?
– There are some principles that I concluded for myself, based on my experience and current state of life. I have friends and kindred spirits all over the world, whose attitude I respect and often share, but I won’t blindly follow any particular person. I have my own point of view.
6. What role do social media play in your career? How important is YouTube or Instagram for you?
– There were no social networks when we started everything. We had the label, which was engaged in management, while we were engaged in creativity. Then the situation changed, I had to do everything by myself, including managing social media. It didn’t do anything good. I don’t like the modern approach that the musician has to be both a manager, producer and so on. I do not like any aggressive methods to engage your audience. It could be a problem for someone, but we are quite happy with a couple of hundreds of subscribers. What matters is not quantity, but quality.
7. Do you actually do anything besides the music?
8. What has been the best performance you’ve seen so far?
Do you actually do anything besides the music?
– We have families, regular jobs and also we have plenty of other interests and projects both artistic and mundane. Music is some kind of a hideaway for us, where we can dream and create far from the real material world. But it happens not so often lately.
– Sometimes there is no need in special effects and high powered equipment. It could be just a simple acoustic guitar for instance. Charisma is the key to this unseen interchange of energy between an artist and their audience. And I love such performances most of all.
9. Who should play you when your life is filmed?
10. Last question: What do you want for the next 10 years, what do you need for it?
– I don’t know who it should be, but I’d prefer the film to be atmospheric, silent, black and white.
– Make more good music, raise a great family, and finally to find peace with myself.