The MetalSucks Playlist – This Week’s Top Tracks, from June 26 to July 2
Is the heat finally liquefying your brain to the point where you can’t absorb cheap metal gossip? Don’t worry, we got you. Here’s what happened this week:
- The Internet lost it over this video of Axl Rose sounding like Herbert the Pervert from Family Guy during an awful festival performance.
- Here are 11 metal songs that’ll make you cry.
- Vote for which of the new wave of death metal bands is your favorite.
- Finally: Fripp and Toyah are going on tour.
- Apparently Ted Nugent thinks “abortions should be legal, safe, and rare,” and that Green Day frontman Billie Joe Armstrong has “lost his soul.“
- Watch a “death metal choir” freak out the judges of America’s Got Talent with a Britney Spears cover.
- 10 years later, Randy Blythe’s arrest and trial have forced metal to reconsider concerts, fandom, and itself.
- Here are 16 powerful metal songs about struggling with addiction.
- Check out Rob Zombie’s ultra-NSFW video for “Shake Your Ass – Smoke Your Grass”
- Unfortunately blink-182’s Travis Barker was hospitalized, with his daughter asking for prayers from fans.
That’s all we got. We’ll update throughout the weekend, and then we’re taking Monday off because America, and then we’ll be back full blast on Tuesday.